【.x// Prompt: Our separation need not be final.】
A violent crash sounded as I struck an uprooted stop sign at where the ravenhead swiftly leapt from. "Just... LEAVE!! Leave this city, get out of my sight. I told you to disappear from my life!!" I screamed in rage. To drive out that very person I need out of my life, I chose to end the disaster we shared.
"You know, our separation need not be final. As long as we both are alive, everything will be fine," you insisted as poetically as you always are.
So what will happen when one day you go too far again in one of our damned games, and I finally send you to Hell where you belong? What then? You sugar coat your words all the time, but I'm not as blind as the others you toy with--though before I could proclaim any of this, you had already left.
I've long come to terms with the fact that you'll never be someone who I can be happy with. You're an evil, sadistic little twit who lives for mind games--and simply without boundaries, no set limitations. Rotten to the core, yet irresistibly attractive in every other way; from your elegance to your perfect and pale visage. You're manipulative and sly, while seductively bold. You're unsympathetic and yet strangely you understand everything there is to be understood, with the exception that you still cannot even comprehend true love. Through your expression of affection-filled hate or hateful affection... It's apparent that you have an extremely twisted definition of love, if you can even call it that.
So I lied. I'm not afraid of hurting you, not at all in any aspect. From your actions and mine, it's pretty easy to discern that you saw through that obvious lie. Months ago I had dislocated your arm with the full intention of breaking it. I disabled your right hand, but as I was basking in that brief sense of glory, you then proved yourself ambidextrous and then laughed harshly as you struck back at my collarbone with twice the force as usual with your switchblade, as if to say "bring it on".
It's not that I'm afraid of killing you, either. You're practically impossible to take down. Despite the lack of limitations on my body that can lift even a bus or even a settled trailer, you'd still lift yourself from any blood-soaked ground.
The unsaid truth is that I'm afraid of falling for you. You may think it's impossible, but it isn't. You're enticing--mind consuming, breathtaking--like the darker path filled with danger and excitement one can't resist.
I had wanted to live out the rest of my shortened life in peace, since--according to that fool of a doctor we both keep acquainted--my body will start decaying by the time I reach my mid thirties. I laugh because I remember your reaction from back then: your eyes briefly widened in a mix of anger and denial, which I hadn't expected from you at all.
Then of course, you had to speak further with these nonsensical and twisted words: "Well, that's too bad. Ne, actually, that's quite alright. Beauty has always been fleeting. So should you die early, at least my memory of you shall remain timeless."
Any normal person would have grimaced in disgust. I chuckled bitterly at that time, not so much in distaste of your lack of compassion, but instead I was annoyed yet amused that you had called it extreme romanticism on your part.
I didn't believe you until the following week when I found a pistol in your drawer with two bullets left inside. It was locked, but I easily ripped it open, of course. Did you really intend to hide it from me? Even now, I'm not entirely sure what it meant that you intended to die with me.
After that, you started to hide something from me, while at the same time you subtly increased the time we spent together. You wanted to move in, but I'm pretty sure half of the city would be in ruins if that were to happen.
So I confronted you about it, threatening to tell both sides of an on-going gang war that you were selling information to them both, for your own amusement. It wasn't as if I'd be lying. Instead, it was probably through a web of gang wars that you sold the truths to, rather than only between two.
You had finally revealed yourself to be looking even further in your long search for immortality. I didn't take you seriously, but you didn't expect me to. I let the matter go.
I did want to spend the rest of my life in peace and quiet, I really did, until recently. Because in that ideal I had for myself, once I lived it, I didn't feel alive at all. I couldn't help yearning for the addictive thrill rides that is of every minute I've spent with you.
If I where to fall for you completely... I can imagine what you would do. It was the unspoken condition between us that neither of us would cross that line. Without a doubt in my mind, if that day were ever to come, you would leave me forever. So in preemptive retaliation, I forced you away. I didn't want to lose, especially not to you.
It's destroying me--the lack of you in my presence, your presence alone, this loneliness only you can drive away, and the loneliness of being with you. Sighing, I realized one day, whether you're here or not, that you'll drive me mad.
Just what the hell should I do?
"NGRAAAAHHH!!" I yelled in frustration as my fist flew to hit a cement wall. My knuckles bled as drops of blood fell down, interlaced with crumbled stone. I stomped heavily away as half the wall fell in pieces.
Abruptly, I froze in my tracks.
Ah. It's simple. Well, it's not really simple, but why didn't I think of it before?
Grinning, I decided on a plan. It wasn't flawless, nor was it very feasible, but I was definitely willing to try.
I'll make you fall as closely as possible in love with me.
So, watch.
Watch as I win this unspoken game between us.
And finally, when I do, I'll never let you out of my grasp again.
A/N: ...So. How was it? Not too bad, I hope. Gah, that took way too long to finish. This obviously wasn't done in one go. I wrote it on my Nintendo DS, so I could edit it easily. I tried to write it as far from cliche as I could, since I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the ideas for this prompt was something related to relationships. So I wanted to write about something like this, that isn't exactly love. Not at all, even. (Need and want, definitely, but... "Don't be sad, 'cause two out of three ain't bad." HA~ /Shot for the reference.)
FFFFF. Sorry, the title sounds so emo. = u=" It's all I could come up with at the moment.
None of the pictures are mine. o uo Found them via Google or Photobucket, and etc.
FFFFF. Sorry, the title sounds so emo. = u=" It's all I could come up with at the moment.
None of the pictures are mine. o uo Found them via Google or Photobucket, and etc.


No comments:
Post a Comment