Beginning a story.
i. Generalization.
ii. Dialogue.
i.
Somewhere from someone, I've heard before, said to me that "love is like a car crash, you never see it coming."
Well, I just got out of a car crash and I'm in an impossibly white prison that I'm quickly getting sick of. Prison, in which I mean the god damned hospital. Well, they have a poster on the wall to my left, but it's just one of those uninteresting diagrams of the human body.According to that diagram, plus that dull pain I'm feeling, I wouldn't be surprised if I had several of my ribs protruding my intestines.
Oh, and when I said that I happened to be in a car crash, I meant it metaphorically. My girlfriend--well, former now--literally punched me in the gut and totally shattered my rib cage. Then she ran away crying. It's insane. I really just don't get it.
So I suppose that that was what those romance novels of hers meant when they said that your heart practically leaps out of your chest when you're in love?
I'm not too sure about that. I'm pretty sure I was just hyperventilating.
So as I was doubting that very line I read somewhere, or heard somehow before, another type of car crash struck me as an overly attractive doctor stepped in, and spoke in a gentle and kind voice that just made me melt. Don't even get me started on that soothing smile.
"Good morning, it's nice to see you're awake, sir."
Ah, so there I sat, totally gaping at this person.
Crap, was I drooling?
ii.
"Royal straight flush!!" proclaimed a young teenager with the most eerie yet serene smile.
The men across him wailed in agony as they tossed their cards in the air. "NOOOOOO!! You can't do this! You have to be cheating!!" yelled the middle aged men stripped of nearly all their belongings.
"Ah-ah-ah," the boy cooed, wagging his finger. "Though you keep saying it, you still haven't proved it. Besides, I'm not cheating, see? Nothing in my sleeves!" he beamed.
The men dropped their jaws, as if saying the words "this can't be" repeatedly in their minds. However, the boy merely sighed happily as if could never get bored with the same reactions from his opponents in poker. He quickly collected his money and other winnings.
"Oi, cheaterface, we're leaving. Come now or we'll leave you behind," an older man deadpanned.
"I knew it, you were cheating after all!!" the group leader insisted as he sent his men to attack the boy, who in turn ignored them.
"And what, Kae? Fail the mission and then walk back home? Go on, wave around your silly rifle and get lectured by Lena. I'll just go home early in my gorgeous. New. Black Ark limo," he said in a provoking manner as he swung his leg into an attacker's stomach, sending him flying into his comrades.
"And get lost, then end up dead in a forest opposite the way back?" Kae scoffed as he decked a guy attacking him from behind without much effort.
The boy, Arcas, grounded his teeth in frustration, grumbling as he followed.
"Fine. I'll just buy some sushi with all that money I just won and totally eat it right in front of you," Arcas said in a cheeky tone. "Mmm. I'm especially craving some tempura soba. Your favourite, right?"
It was then Kae's turn to grind his teeth as he felt an uprise in his homocidal urges.
"My, what sharp teeth you have, grandma!" the teenager cooed mockingly, in a falsetto imitation of the Red Riding Hood.
"Oh, he is dead," Kae thought, fists trembling. Glaring heatedly at his source of irritation, he growled back: "It's so I can rip your head off, you damned bean sprout."
"Yeah, yeah. I've heard that one too about twenty times. Oh, and my name is Arcas, or are you hard of hearing?" said male replied in light-hearted laughter. "Onwards to the mission, partner."
"Watch your back," the taller seethed.
"That's what you're here for, Kae."
A/N: Eraaaaaagghhhh. Sorry it's so damn short. 8 u 8" I'm a reaaaallly slow writer. Truly. Slower than the process of factoring hectopascals. /TWEWY reference. Anyway, it's extremely likely the latter characters will make a reappearance. o uo~<3 I love making up names. But it's likely Arcas will appear as Artemis next time, which is my favourite male name. Kae will be Yue instead. Yue means moon in Chinese.





No comments:
Post a Comment